Live Chasing!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

3/15/14 Chase

Jumped on first storm near Stephenville.  Stayed on the storm a bit too long but did get some pretty good gopro video of the base of the storm.  Storm had weak RFD cut before it became outflow dominant.


Supercells formed along the dryline to to my SW during this time so I drove down 377 to intercept.  I was a bit late to get into position on the now SE moving supercells near Comanche.  I stopped between Dublin and Comanche and decided to set up shop on top of a hill.  

From a distance I observed a wall cloud beneath the dominant supercell.  It haven't purposefully hung that far back from the base of a supercell before.  Really got to witness the whole storm from NE of the base.  Very impressive!


On my way back through the town of Dublin, the sun began shining under the backside of the anvil and produced the most vivid double rainbow I have ever seen!  The picture doesn't do it justice.



No comments:

Post a Comment